Tribute leaves midfielder bubbling
Frickley Athletic’s proud club captain Matty Bloor has been toasting his entry into the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League outfit's 100 club with a glass or two of champagne.
The midfielder is pictured receiving a bottle of bubbly from Blues Director Phil McCroakam, Chairman Gareth Dando and Director Barry Johnson to mark his 100th appearance in the club’s colours during the 4-3 league victory over Premier Division leaders Skelmersdale United in November. Bloor, who made 94 starts and scored five times to join Athletic's 100 club, was honoured at Westfield Lane last Tuesday night before skippering the Blues to a 1-0 Doodson Sport Cup win over Belper Town.
The 23-year-old kicked off his career at North Ferriby United and reached the landmark figure in two spells with the Blues. He first joined Frickley during the 2009-10 season but his stint was hampered by injury and he left the following season to join First Division South Goole. After skippering the Vikings, Bloor returned at the start of last season when Karl Rose took over as manager and was immediately installed as club captain, a position he's held ever since.
- + Rams are first in the queue for acco...
- + Highlights switch brings welcome win...
- + Skipper returns for survival fight
- + Football mourns president's passing
- + Phillips hails loan star's impact
- + BBC choose Warrington for live coverage
- + Caretakers win succession race at Au...
- + Confidence is sky high at Blues
- + Striker on the mend after fracture s...
- + Green credentials are in the can!
- + Robinson welcomes weekend off
- + Tuesday's Premier Division action re...
- + View All News