Tribute leaves midfielder bubbling
Frickley Athletic’s proud club captain Matty Bloor has been toasting his entry into the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League outfit's 100 club with a glass or two of champagne.
The midfielder is pictured receiving a bottle of bubbly from Blues Director Phil McCroakam, Chairman Gareth Dando and Director Barry Johnson to mark his 100th appearance in the club’s colours during the 4-3 league victory over Premier Division leaders Skelmersdale United in November. Bloor, who made 94 starts and scored five times to join Athletic's 100 club, was honoured at Westfield Lane last Tuesday night before skippering the Blues to a 1-0 Doodson Sport Cup win over Belper Town.
The 23-year-old kicked off his career at North Ferriby United and reached the landmark figure in two spells with the Blues. He first joined Frickley during the 2009-10 season but his stint was hampered by injury and he left the following season to join First Division South Goole. After skippering the Vikings, Bloor returned at the start of last season when Karl Rose took over as manager and was immediately installed as club captain, a position he's held ever since.
- + Saturday's summer transfers special
- + Fans flocking to back champions
- + Departure leaves media team a man down
- + Borderville boost from new community...
- + Club secure tailor-made kit deal
- + New sponsor won't need introducing t...
- + Demolition means nothing, warns Wren...
- + Doodson Sport League Cup
- + Rose adds three more Blues to mix
- + England star is new number two
- + Stadium deal offers more than a new ...
- + Spartans seeking late friendlies
- + View All News